Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Creative Holidays

I am loving these holidays. Mike's been busy with uni work, so I've been creating virtually non stop for the last few days. It's been so relaxing. Yesterday I had a sewing lesson - just covering my machine basics. The shop does dressmaker's lessons, so I'm thinking of giving that a go.

Monday's creation:

Kat kindly sent me some of the new AC travel line papers. I love these - and was almost too afraid to cut into them. This layout was done for the lyrical challenge posted (by moi) at Scrappin Kats. I based it on the song "(I'd go the) Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric (made famous by the Monkees). I know this song from Stranger than Fiction. It suited the subject of this layout perfectly, as did the papers.


Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock; new AC travel line patterned papers (thanks Kat!); AC thickers; foam tape; zig writer

Tuesday's creation:

This was the first layout I've done with machine stitching. It doesn't show up as well as I'd like it to in the photo, but believe me, I went a little stitching mad. It was a take on the third and final Sept sketch at Scrappin Kats. I changed it up quite a bit, the biggest change being from a 8.5x11 to a 6x12.


Supplies: Coredinations CS; Making memories and Creative memories patterned paper; Kaiser rubons; AC thickers

I also used my brand spankin' new Fiskars threading waters punch which I love, love, love! I can see myself using this on a lot of projects.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I love your blog. You're so creative. I've tried scrapbooking so many times, but never got anywhere :(
    ~Tabs~
    Karen L said...
    Some great layouts Ames - have fun with your sewing machine - I'm afraid mine has hardly seen fabric, mostly I tend to use it to sew on layouts.

Post a Comment