Saturday, October 4, 2008

I've managed to make one card this morning, and hoping to get another one or two done this arvo and tonight.

Last night I completed my layout for the final round of the Design Team comp at Scrappin Kats. The challenge was a great one:

1. White, Yellow and Turquiose cardstock - can be any shades of those colour families - you can cut this in any way and use for journalling spots, shapes - this will not be considered an embellishment. No patterned paper is allowed.
2. Hand or machine stitching
3. 3 photos (any size)
4. A title - completely your choice of type, colour, texture
5. Must contain expressive journalling (not just date and who it is) - you can cut your cardstock to create your journalling spot/tag.
6. 2 types of embellishments of your choice (you can use multiples of each type) (eg: flowers and brads) (does not include patterned paper)

This whole challenge was right up my alley. I'm all about machine stitching right now (as you know); I love expressive journalling; and I don't often over embellish, so sticking to only two wasn't too hard. The biggest challenge was using yellow - it's a colour I don't often use too much on my pages. I'm really happy with the resulting layout. Don't want to give too much away until the judging, but here's a little sneak peak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment