Thursday, July 2, 2009

Before joining TSK, I'd never played around with scrapping kits before – I thought they were too restrictive, and that I'd much rather buy things that I'd actually use. Joining the design team changed that. As I used these page kits, I began to realise that rather than being restrictive, using a kit actually forced me to “think outside of the box” and use things (colours, embellies, product lines) that I normally wouldn't have selected myself... great example of this: flowers and the colour pink... especially the colour pink. I had never scrapped with pink before, and I rarely used flowers.

I had to smile when I was putting together my July KT page kit and found myself choosing some pink AND flowers... how times change.

Here is my layout using my kit.
I tried something a little different, and printed part of the photo on swiss dot for a different look. It doesn't line up with the rest of the photo as well as I was hoping, but it was fun to try.

Products: Bazzill swiss dot cardstock; Pink paislee diecut paper and patterned paper; Elle's studio tags; Kaiser pearl strip; A2Z chipboard; grosgrain ribbon; brads; green tara flowers


A few weeks back, mum gave me a box of Grandma and Grandpa's old photos. I loved going through them. I have many more ideas for layouts I want to do, but here are a few that I did for July...
The first two are both created from a page kit available soon at The Srappin Kats. The kit was perfectly suited to older photos.

The third is using leftovers from my page kit, with the addition of the background bazzill cardstock and using my new favourite punch: Effervescence.

Remember to go and check out the rest of the Kreative Team's July offerings at The Scrappin Kats

1 Comment:

  1. Mel said...
    I love the layouts you have done with the photos your mum gave you, I love your style Ames, and I agree with the kits, thinking outside the square can sometimes mean "out of comfort zone" love it.

Post a Comment