Sunday, April 19, 2009

It was 12.30pm yesterday afternoon, and I was at our monthly scrapbooking morning. I had already completed one layout (my last KT layout for next month... which in itself is amazing. I've never been finished this early), and had some fun using mum's Sizzix and cutting out a few bits and pieces. That's a productive morning for me. I usually barely get one layout done. Anyway, I challenged myself, with the gals as my witness, to finish a layout in the remaining 30 mins... and I did it with 5-10 mins to spare. Yaay!

From the stash: Bazzill cardstock, Kaiser craft scrap; My little shoebox letters; zig pen; EK success ticket punch.

Ok, admittedly it is only a 6x6, and the photo grid was already done for me (I just printed out the grid I posted below... great idea, Mel). But still, it's a record for me. Usually I take at least 1.5 hours to finish a layout, and that's a quick one.

This week, I also completed my "All About Me" challenge. This was a great excuse to use up some of those scraps I've been hoarding... I have a hard time throwing any reasonable size scrap away.
From the stash: Making memories, Kaiser, Sassafras, American Crafts, SEI, Basic Grey & Fancy pants patterned paper scraps; Bazzill cardstock (Kraft and white); KI Memories alphas; Carolees creations mini alphas; zig pen; assorted buttons.

Oh yeah... and the title is from Fat Boy Slim's Rockafella Skank song. I can not hear the phrase "Right about now" without feeling the need to follow it up with "funk soul brother".

1 Comment:

  1. Mel said...
    Love love this layout Ames, this is probably one of my all time favourites, going to have a go at my own by scraplifting if that is okay. I like symetrical and clean looking layouts and when I do a busy layout for me I mostly am not completely happy with them so this suits me because it still has my fav pp's. Thanks for the inspiration.

Post a Comment